I have questions regarding purchases:
1. Can I purchase Lilienthal Berlin watches and straps also in stores? The answer
2. How can I order a watch or strap? The answer
3. I have a voucher code. Where do I enter it? The answer
4. How do I know if my order was successful? The answer
5. How do I know if my order has been sent? The answer
6. What are the shipping costs? The answer
7. Can I try on the watch and then return it if necessary? The answer
8. Can I immediately cancel my order? The answer
9. What should I do if the product I ordered is damaged or defective? The answer
10. How will I know when my returned product has arrived? The answer
11. What payment methods are available? The answer
12. What do I need to know about sales tax? The answer
13. How long is the warranty on the watch and strap? And what does it include? The answer
I have questions about the watch::
14. Which materials are used to make the watch case? The answer
15. What does 'Made in Germany' really mean? The answer
16. Do all of the parts come from Germany? The answer
17. What varieties of movement are actually used? The answer
18. And what about smartwatches? The answer
19. If a watch or strap is shown as sold out, when will more be available? The answer
20. Are Lilienthal Berlin watches water-resistant? The answer
21. How long will the battery last? The answer
22. How do I change the battery? The answer
23. I damaged my watch. How and where can I have it repaired? The answer
I have questions about the straps::
24. What materials are the straps made from? The answer
25. What makes plant-tanning so unique? The answer
26. Can the color of the leather bleed? The answer
27. How long are the straps? The answer
28. Can I switch out the strap of every Lilienthal Berlin watch? The answer
29. Are new interchangeable straps introduced on a regular basis? The answer
30. How do I change the straps? The answer
31. Can I also use straps by other manufacturers? The answer
32. How long do the straps generally last? The answer
I have questions about the company::
33. How can I submit a feedback? The answer
34. I have a blog and would like to feature your company. How can I collaborate with Lilienthal Berlin? The answer
35. I have an Instagram channel and would love to feature your brand. How does a collaboration sound? The answer
1. Can I purchase Lilienthal Berlin watches and straps also in stores?
We’re currently concentrating our efforts entirely on online sales, although there will always be a few selected shops where you’ll be able to see our watches in “real life”.
2. How can I order a watch or strap?
You will find a drop-down menu in the upper left corner of this page, with an overview of our models available under “Lilienthal 1.” If you’re looking for a strap, you can find our selection under “Wristbands”. Once you’ve made your selection, a new page will open, where you can take a closer look at your favorite watch and view all of the details again such as case and dial color. When selecting the strap, it’s important to ensure the clasp matches the case. Once you’re happy with your selection, click on “Order now” and simply follow the steps for shipment and payment.
3. I have a voucher code. Where do I enter it?
You have a voucher code? Lucky you! Once you’ve found something attractive that tickles your fancy, simply click on “Order now.” You will then find the “I have a promotion code” box on the following page. When you click on it, a field will appear in which you can enter the code. It’s that easy!
4. How do I know if my order was successful?
Once the order process is completed, we will send you a confirmation e-mail. If you don’t hear anything from us within 24 hours, send us an e-mail with your name and shipping address. We’ll take care of it. We promise!
5. How do I know if my order has been sent out?
Once your order reaches the preparation stage, i.e. to be packed, you will receive an invoice by e-mail and we’ll then ship the order.
6. What are the shipping costs?
There aren’t any. We take care of shipping!
7. Can I try on the watch and then return it if necessary?
As you try it on at home for the first time, you can take a closer look at the watch and proudly show it to your friends. If it turns out that you don’t like it (for any reason), you can return it to us within 30 days free of charge. Of course, the watch must still be in new condition. Simply e-mail us and we’ll send you a return label. Pack the watch just as you received it, affix the return label, drop it off at the post office and say goodbye. Just to make the process a little less painful, returning the watch doesn’t cost a thing.
The same applies to our straps, of course, it’s important to remember that they naturally tend to crease. Still, they need to be in a new condition for a return. In other words, you may not want to experiment too much with the strap. It may be best to take it easy and keep stunts to a minimum when trying it on.
8. Can I cancel my order immediately?
There can be multiple reasons for returning the product. It was supposed to be a gift for your partner and you caught him/her cheating on you? Or s/he suddenly listens to cheap techno music? Then we understand why you would want to return the watch. And this is how it’s done:
If you haven’t yet received a shipment confirmation, you can contact us and cancel your order. But if your order is already on its way, simply wait for the package to arrive and then send it back to us. E-mail us and we’ll send you a return label.
9. What should I do if the product I ordered is damaged or defective?
Only after following a rigourous quality control do we send out each of our watches and straps. However, if something is wrong with it, send us an e-mail with a photo and a description of the problem. We’ll resolve the issue in an uncomplicated manner that makes everyone happy.
10. How will I know when my returned product has arrived?
It couldn’t be any easier: we’ll send you a confirmation e-mail upon receipt. Occasionally, this can take several days. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, then take a look in your spam folder. If there’s no confirmation e-mail there either, please send us an e-mail.
One more thing: make sure you keep the invoice for the return. If the package has gotten lost on its way to us, we can more easily find it again using the shipment number on the invoice.
11. What payment methods are available?
You can choose to pay using Credit card, Paypal and Prepayment
12. What do I need to know about sales tax?
If you order from within the EU, the prices shown include sales tax. If you’re located outside of the EU, you will receive our watches and straps without the German sales tax. Your government will determine whether or not you need to pay sales or customs tax on your order in your country.
13. How long is the warranty on the watch and strap? And what does it include?
The warranty itself covers any potential manufacturing defects and applies to both the watch and the strap. The warranty period of 24 months begins with the purchase. During this period, we will rectify any defects free of charge. Batteries, wear and tear of the case, glass and strap, or damage resulting from improper use (e.g. accident, broken glass, water damage, disconnected crown) are not covered.
14. Which materials are used to make the watch case?
We only use high-quality materials for all of our products. The case is made from sand-blasted 316L surgical stainless steel, which is especially pure, anti-allergenic, exceptional sturdy, and pleasant to wear.
The watch is protected by sapphire-hardened mineral glass. Put simply, the base layer of mineral glass is reinforced with an additional layer of sapphire glass, which ensures great visibility regardless of the situation, and protects it from scratches…unless you go out of your way to damage it.
15. What does 'Made in Germany' really mean?
In concrete terms, it means that our products are designed, manufactured, and undergo quality testing in Germany. We work with partners that we know well. Our dials come from small factories in the Black Forest region and the straps from factories in the southwest. We source the required leather from Ecopell, a company based in Germany that works only with leather from German cattle. The watches are assembled in Pforzheim and the packaging produced in Germany using eco-friendly materials.
16. Do all of the parts come from Germany?
We source many components from abroad. The movement comes from Swiss manufacturer Ronda. We not only use it because of their high quality, but also because there simply aren’t any German suppliers of quartz movement. We source a few other components from Asia, where our partners deliver a level of quality that is just impossible to match, even here in Germany – and when they do, only at exorbitant prices.
17. What varieties of movement are actually used?
Tried-and-tested Swiss technology comes into play here. We use high-precision, ultra-flat Slimtech quartz movements with separate second hand. It’s exceptionally precise, doesn’t require any maintenance, and is so flat that we can design an attractively thin case around it.
18. And what about smartwatches?
A device that reminds us about appointments, ensures that we’re available at all times, and monitors our vital functions? Out of the question for us!
19. If a watch or strap is shown as sold out, when will more be available?
We’re not playing hard to get here, let us see if we can plan a date for later on. Simply send us an e-mail with a concrete request and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
20. Are Lilienthal Berlin watches water-resistant?
All Lilienthal Berlin watches are water-resistant up to 5 ATM, which means they can withstand splashes of water and you can wash your hands without a worry. But you should remove it when you take a shower. While the watch can keep on ticking, leather doesn’t usually cope well with moisture.
21. How long will the battery last?
On average, a new battery will keep the watch running for 25 months.
22. How do I change the battery?
You might want to let a professional do that. They can do it in no time at a watch repair shop.
23. I damaged my watch. How and where can I have it repaired?
We want you to enjoy your watch for years to come and have subsequently designed them to be robust. Still, if your watch has somehow become damaged, sends us an e-mail with a photo and a description of the problem. We can then decide how best to proceed.
24. What materials are the straps made from?
For all the cow lovers out there, it’s time to be brave: the straps are made entirely of cowhide leather. This leather is plant-tanned in Germany, and the straps are manufactured from start to finish in Germany. Our partners also take the principle 'Made in Germany' very seriously: even the thread and the adhesive used, come from Germany.
25. What makes plant-tanning so unique?
No heavy metals, chromium, or any other harmful substances are used in the treatment process. We also avoid additional chemical sealing, which is not only better for the environment, but also makes the leather especially allergy-friendly. Plant-tanning also maintains the natural breathability quality for exceptional comfort. Incidentally, each strap is truly unique: because it’s a natural product, each piece looks a little different. The leather also develops an individual patina over time for an individual look.
26. Can the color of the leather bleed?
Only in exceptional cases and only the straps with vibrant color (currently only red). If these straps become very wet and are pressed with a great deal of force, some of the color may bleed, which is why we recommend taking the strap off when showering, bathing, or perspiring excessively. If it does happen to get wet, keep it away from your clothes and allow it to dry. If the color bleeds onto your skin, you can rest assured that we only use entirely safe dyes that can be removed easily using just a little soap and water.
The straps can be adjusted between 155 and 215 mm, so the watch will fit just about any wrist.
28. Can I switch out the strap of every Lilienthal Berlin watch?
Yes – and it’s easy. All of our watches, whether big or small, are designed for use with the same interchangeable straps, so you can select your strap to match your mood, special occasion or your outfit.
29. Are new interchangeable straps introduced on a regular basis?
Well of course! Next question please!
30. How do I change the strap?
You’ll find a small pin on the reverse side of both halves of the strap. Carefully press the pin inwards and remove the strap with ease. If you want to attach an interchangeable strap, all you have to do is…are you ready? – repeat the same steps, but in reverse.
31. Can I also use straps by other manufacturers?
If you think you can find straps nicer than ours somewhere else, then go for it! While very few are equipped with a change mechanism, any watchmaker or jeweler can attach a new strap to the watch in no time.
32. How long do the straps generally last?
It’s different from one person to the next and depends on many factors. Leather straps tend to last at least one to two years, after which time they should be replaced. Even though our straps are extremely robust, certain signs of aging and wear are unavoidable.
33. How can I submit feedback?
Do you have an idea for a new watch that we should develop for you? Are you looking for a new strap? Or would you just like to recommend a new vegan ice cream shop? Wonderful! We’re always happy to receive any criticism, suggestions, or opinions. Feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com
34. I have a blog and would like to feature your company. How can I collaborate with Lilienthal Berlin?
We’ll find a way to make it happen. Please contact our PR agency and provide a brief description of your blog. Simply send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
35. I have an Instagram channel and would love to feature your brand. How does a collaboration sound?
Well of course! In that case, contact us directly: email@example.com